A while back I promised I'd post some of the music I played at All State. The CD came a few days ago, and I finally got it online, so here you go:
- George Washington Bridge- A long, very dissonant William Shuman piece.
- Contre Qui Rose- Another Morton Lauridsen (remember O Magnum Mysterium?). Uses the same harmonics, which I personally think sound really beautiful.
- Fanfare- The first of 4 movements we played from Shafer Mahoney's symphony for band.
- Blue- The second movement...there's a lot of nice blues chords.
- Clang- The "clanging" third movement.
- March- A very Copland sounding finale to our part of the concert.