Sunday, August 21, 2005

The Dreaded Return to School

Not to depress you or anything, but only one (half by now) day of freedom left. I guess it’s back to it tomorrow. Oh well. Only 180 days of school left till summer again.

QHHS band camp was last week. Hot and hectic as usual, though it was nice seeing everybody again. This year we’re doing the Incredibles field show. The music is fun, sorry to say I can’t quite say that much for the actual show. I’m sure it will get better once we actually get it down (which, at the rate we’re going, will be a while yet).

Here’s a scary prospect for you: I could be driving in a few weeks. I’ve been taking an online driver’s ed class the past few weeks (not by choice, mind you) and just passed the final. I should get the certificate in a few days, and within a week or two take the DMV test. I find the whole idea very disturbing at this point.

Google Earth came out with a new version a few days ago. It has updated images and improved resolution for most major cities (and Area 51…go figure).

Obsure site for the week: Facts on Farts: “Everything you ever wanted to know about farting. From where the gas comes from to why it stinks. It is quite a technical explanation and is sure to answer almost every question you've ever had about flatulence.”

Great.

That’s all for now. If I’m not plagued with HW (argh), I’ll try to get on next week.

No comments: