Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Super Shammy!

Monday's sectional went good. No complaints here. Actually, we even sounded a little better than I thought we would, so all is good.

We went to Vegas this weekend to see Matt (always worth the drive) and buy some Super Shammys! Oh yeah, and buff the 119° heat. I passed my CPR/AED test on Monday, so it's safe to die in front of me now. I also discovered that scrubs are the most incredibly comfortable clothing item ever invented. My Mom told me if I got into med school that she would make me custom scrubs I could wear every day of my life...now that's some incentive (no joke).

In Vegas this weekend, Karl told me about this guy who traded one red paperclip for a house. From his site, "My name is Kyle MacDonald and I traded one red paperclip for a house. I started with one red paperclip on July 12 2005 and 14 trades later, on July 12, 2006 I traded with the Town of Kipling Saskatchewan for a house." All the details are on his site...it's a pretty cool/interesting story.

Ever hear of "blunt-force advertising"? It's a short ad that repeats the same catchphrase over and over to forefully "embed" it in your head. Like many, at first, I thought this Head On ad was a joke, but apparently it's real. As weird as it is, the ad is obviously pretty effective.

In this week's "weird stuff to do if you're really, really board" dept: the 10¢ ring. Yep...you can make a ring out of a dime.

From an IT department far far away comes...
Cubicle Wars! A pretty corny, yet entertaining short film.

Good news: Only 1 week left at AVC!
Bad news: There's only 2 weeks of summer left.
I'll stick with the good news for now.

No comments: