Sunday, August 26, 2007

The Last Fair Parade!

Never again will I have to fumble down Lancaster Blvd with 500 loud and pain inducing band students from around the Valley! This is a wonderful feeling.

The school year is pretty much settling into a routine. AVC started last Monday (I'm taking Band and Clarinet Chior). The band literature looks pretty nice for this semester...should be fun. Other than that, school is school and life is life. Worked in the ER yesterday and experienced a dislocated wrist, the most intense vomiting I've ever seen/heard, and a few gnarly dog bites among numerous other highlights. Fun stuff.

Besides walking down Lancaster Blvd yesterday, I went with Karl and my dad to the Jethawk game that evening. They were very unjethawk like and got demolished fairly severely. Regarding that whole Los Angeles major league baseball team...well I'd rather not talk about it. We ran over to Matt's house this morning and...well that's about it (besides that whole "homework" and "studying" thing. But I'd rather not talk about that either).

A New Jersey teen cracked the iPhone network lock last week so it is now possible to use the iPhone on other wireless networks avoiding AT&T's $80 bucks a month (or whatever it is). I bet ol' Steve is happy about that one.

I came across a blog that has influential pictures images that "changed the world" along with a description of each. Many are well known photographs, and some very graphic, but it is an interesting and somewhat emotional experience to look through them and and read the stories behind them.

On a lighter note, you have to love English sign translations in foreign countries. Some are pretty funny.

This has to be, by far, the most idiotic response to a question I have ever heard. It speaks highly of our education system here...or is in South Africa...or Iraq? Well, whatever. My recommendation: just go for World Peace next time.

That's about it for now...I'm gonna go study a map and make sure I can locate the US.

No comments: