Thursday, June 05, 2008

Graduation

Well...that's it (for high school at least). Graduation was last Friday and didn't disappoint in being a hallmark of high school immaturity. There's a lot I'm not going to miss at all, but bidding farewells that evening made me realize how much I am going to miss a lot of the great people I've met over the years. My sisters threw a little party thing for me after the ceremony which, including the ice cream cake, was pretty fun. Thanks to all for the congratulations and congrats to my fellow 08'ers.








Our trip to Italy had to be postponed until later this summer. My Dad came down with a severe headache and after ER visits it was determined to be due to low spinal fluid pressure. Thankfully it is nothing serious, but he as been pretty uncomfortable the past few days. The good news is he appears to be doing much better after a "blood patch treatment" and hopefully will be fully better very soon. Thanks for the prayers and concern.

Keeping with the theme of graduation, a Fresno high school valedictorian has been scheduled for deportation to Armenia after fleeing the Soviet Union and living in the United States since 1992. This doesn't make sense to me. I don't want to embark on a nasty political diatribe here, but if the US really wants to deport people I think they're looking in the wrong place. If you live in Southern California you know what I mean.

With all the new technology and such out there, I must say Gary's Weather Forecasting Stone has taken forecasting to a whole new extreme.

That's about it for now. I think I'll go give my room its much needed yearly cleanup.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

aw, c'mon. graduation was kind of fun (with all of that "would you rather" and what not.) congrats on graduating mister. :)

I really hope your dad feels better really soon.

Rachel said...

Awww Clark, I hope you dad gets better...I'm keeping him in my prayers.

On a different note, I found something that could be cool for your blog
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X76ZIGQgBWg

Have a good day and keep an ear out from me for Disneyland and a pool party :)