Friday, February 27, 2009

Time is Flying...

It seems like the past few weeks (well, years for that matter) have flown by exceptionally fast. I can't believe I'm already 19...it seems like such a strange and unbalanced number. Guess it fits me pretty well. Thanks to all for the birthday wishes and such.

School is going pretty well. For the most part, I'm enjoying most of my classes this semester. It's nice to get some decent science stuff going and I'm definitely keeping busy. It seems that the "stress" this semester is somewhat cyclical. Last weekend I was insanely busy and but now it's pretty chill. Spring break is coming up soon so that will be nice.

I recently got an internship at St. John's Hospital in Oxnard through the "Clinical Care Extender" program. It's basically a glorified volunteer position where we do rotations in different departments. Sounds like we get to do/see some pretty cool stuff after putting in some time in the not-so-glorious areas. I went through the training and should be starting next week so I'm pretty excited.

There's a couple of good CLU concerts coming up. The University Symphony will be doing the Saint-Saƫns Symphony No. 3 the "organ symphony" this Sunday. It should come together quite nicely and be pretty cool, especially with the Chapel organ here. On March 26 the Wind Ensemble will be doing an Americana concert at the Regan Library. It's $20 but comes with a library tour and exhibits. Should be pretty fun.

If you've ever had the urge to ID a fruit by the little sticker that comes on it, this site will prove useful. It's the largest known fruit label database. And I'm sure it's very useful too.

It's always fun to look for the McDonalds when traveling overseas. I knew they made some menu adaptations, but some of them, like the Canadian McLobster Roll, are pretty entertaining.

A few years ago, Ameriquest ran some pretty good "don't judge too quickly" commercials. Here's a nice compilation of the five they ran (never get old), and I'd have to say the last one is probably my favorite.

That's it for now...I'm going to go take a nice Happy Friday nap.

2 comments:

Stutelberg Family said...

Thanks for finally posting! I love reading your posts. Well, tomorrow is moving day! Wish us luck! I am still trying to figure out how you are getting out of this!

Clark said...

As I type in the comfort of my dorm I'll bet you folks are out the elements moving. Good luck and have fun!