Sunday, February 08, 2009

Busy Days...

My apologies for the lack of updates recently. I hoped I would get into a nice Sunday evening routine with the Blog but it's proving to be somewhat of a challenge.

Classes are going well. It looks like the most challenging will be HumTut (ugh) again. The Bio Lab won't be a piece of cake either but I'm sorta looking forward to learning about research and such. Golf is definitely going to be a lot of fun. I thought I'd have more time this semester but I'm definitely keeping busy. I applied to an internship at a hospital in Oxnard. It's basically a weekly shift in different departments. I had the interview today so that's nice to have done with. I should know whether I'll get it in a few days. By the way, happy belated Groundhog Day.

The AV District Honor band had their concert a few weeks ago. I came down and meet quite a few alum. The concert sounded really great, I was especially impressed with the balance. The director was John Carnahan from CSULB and I'm very jealous that I missed him by only a year.

The CLU Wind Ensemble will be playing a concert at the Ronald Regan Library on March 24. It will be a program of Americana featuring Copland's A Lincoln Portrait with the pretty good potential of a semi-well known Hollywood personality narrating. It's $20 but is probably worth it. Also, the Orchestra will be doing a nice concert on March 1 for free.

Remember digging that hold in your backyard trying to get all the way to China? Good thing it probably didn't work because chances are you wouldn't end up in China. If you were ever curious where exactly you would end up, this site is very helpful.

Despite the law, cell phone use while driving still appears to be a large problem. I think this is a reasonable solution.

Bill Gates, speaking at a gathering of professionals in technology, entertainment, and design (TED), decided to make a point about the dangers of Malaria by releasing a swarm of mosquitoes into the crowd. Interesting and slightly scary tactic, but it's getting attention.

That's it for now, I have a bathroom to clean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday