Monday, January 16, 2006

Windows WMF Backdoor?

Did Microsoft intentionally place a backdoor in Windows Metafile to gain access to machines? Security expert Steve Gibson thinks so. Recently this "vulnerability" has been getting a lot of press, so people have started looking into it. Some think it's more than just a programming error, but an intentional backdoor. Take a listen, and see what you think.

We went to Vegas this weekend to see my sister and uncle, as well as take home Princess the dog. The visit was short, but good and the food was awesome. I finally got to eat at the HofbrÀuhaus, which was really cool. The dog has a nice new home (not ours...my family+dog=I don't think so).

If you wanted more info on MacWorld, TWiT did a nice podcast covering most of it. Check it out.

I haven't actually tried it yet, but this little app looks to be pretty cool. It's a space simulator, and from what I hear, it’s another hour killer like Google Earth (new version available).

Back to school tomorrow...hopefully I won't get blown up.

No comments: