Sunday, January 21, 2007

It's Cold Outside

What happened to this whole global warming thing? Palmdale clocked in at 3° F the other day. That's a tad chilly.

Life is trudging on as usual despite the cold. District honor band is coming up on Wednesday and Thursday so I'm really looking forward to those 45 minute drives out to Pete Knight. I might get a chance to play Tiny Tim (the Eb) so that will be cool. Although it might require a bloody lip and a few new reeds due to those altissimo notes.

Other than that nothing overly exciting is going on.

All the more reason that Canada is awesome: how many counties do you know of that have natural landscapes shaped like a face? Pretty cool.

A woman emerged from a Cambodian jungle last week after spending nearly 20 years there. Being deemed the "Jungle Woman" she's apparently having some troubles adjusting to society...I'm not surprised.

Sorry Darling, but Spain won't let you become a citizen, at least with that kind of name. A woman applying for Spanish citizenship was denied because her name was "unacceptable." I'm glad my name is fairly normal. At least I can become a Spanish citizen if I ever desire. I have no idea why I would want that, but at least the option is there.

I don't know if you've been attempting to follow any of the recent Telecoms industry mergers and such, but Steven Colbert explains it very well. Pretty funny stuff.

That's all for now...I need to start practicing my melodic minors for All State.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello...it's been a long time since I've been here or even chatted...just trying to catch up...well have a great day...oh by the way...do you like disneyland? (its just a question)

Anonymous said...

Figures that Spain would do something like that... I bet Darling might make it in Portugal or, if she wants to cross the ocean, Mexico.
I guess I'll see you around...
~Josh~

Clark said...

Disneyland is the happiest place on earth. How could I not like it? Those darn Spaniards...I'm sure Darling will find some hispanic country to call home.

`C

Tiffany said...

It was sad when you couldn't go back in December... but hey, Disneyland is in less than 2 weeks!!!