Sunday, March 04, 2007

I'm Back

Yes, I am still alive. My apologies for the lack of updates. Two weeks ago was All State, and last week I was not feeling too hot, so I never really got around to it.

All State did not disappoint...it was an awesome experience. It was especially cool to have Julian and Tani there. Julian (in typical Julian fashion) made 8th chair in the Wind Symphony (which happens to be the top band in the state) while Tani and I got 5th and 14th chair in Concert Band respectively. The conductors were cool and the people very band geeksih, so I felt right at home. We played some nice stuff, I'll post it when the CD's arrive.

My 17th birthday came and went last Thursday. So you don't have to ask the question, it doesn't feel any different. I received loads of junk food (good stuff), books (to put in the growing "read this next" pile), geek gear (a pi shirt!), and a very generous gift from my awesome freshmen. Oh yeah, and a sock.

Matt White, a long shot minor league Dodger picture bought a piece of land for $50,000 three years ago. After realizing there was a lot of rock laying around, he decided to have the land surveyed by a geologist. Little did he know that that 24 million tons of rock is worth $100/ton. Do the math and that is $2 billion dollars worth of stone. That is a lot. Maybe luck didn't find him as a major leaguer, but it sure did off the field.

There are some pretty cool billboards out there, but this one beats them all. That is just plain cool.

An Italian substitute elementary school teacher got a little bit frustrated with one of the more talkative students in the class, so she decided to take action. What's the most logical thing to do? Well, cut off the tongue of course. Now if that were to happen in America (or maybe band, but that's just wishful thinking), somebody would be able to join Matt White as a multi-billionaire.

Since there is no time like the present, I thought it was time to present this present. My present to you is a list of some of the oddities of the English language(yeah corny I know, but that's the best I could do).

Well, Microsoft tried. I'll give them that, they honestly put a good attempt into make Vista crack-proof. But they failed. It was bound to happen.

Well, food calls. Next week is Matt's birthday party, so I'll have fresh pics.

No comments: