Sunday, June 03, 2007

School's Out!

In the (not-so) wise words of Alice Cooper, School's out for summer! Unfortunately the case is not so for me, but for everybody else out there, congrats and enjoy. Summer school starts tomorrow. I can hardly wait.

For my Senior Project I think I'm doing something related to the EMS (Emergency Medical Service). I'm hoping to do my paper on the efficiency and different techniques of the EMS system. For the project, I got approved to transfer to ER for the hospital and I'm working on negotiating some paramedic ride-alongs to rack up the hours, and as a "culminating activity" I think I'll take a class to pick up a more advanced BLS (basic life support) certification. Now I just need a mentor...no worries, just a minor detail.

QHHS graduation was Thursday evening. We played Pomp and Circumstance 15 times for 900 [EDIT: 775. I stand corrected.] grads in the wind. AVC graduation was Saturday morning. We played Pomp and Circumstance 20 times for 1100 graduates in the sun. All band misery aside, congratulations to the class of 2007...we're gonna miss you guys.

Section leaders were announced last week and it was decided that we're going back to two per section. I got it again along with Emily, so that was pretty cool. All the other sections were pretty much as expected. Next year should be a fun marching season.

Microsoft announced the Microsoft Surface last week. It's basically a glorified table blotter-type thing. It's interactive; you view and resize pics, write notes, etc with built in wifi. Looks pretty cool.

A man trying to pay a fee using $2 bills was arrested, handcuffed and taken to jail after clerks at a Best Buy store questioned the currency's legitimacy and called police. I love people.

From the National Spelling Bee. Look carefully...anything wrong? Kinda ironic.

We all knew the iPhone had a lot of features, but I had no idea it was this revolutionary.

That's it for now...I'm gonna go take a much needed nap.

4 comments:

Bekka said...

My brother and his girl friend counted. There were 775 graduates at qhhs.
900 was a little off.
However, on Tuesday 100 grads were notified that they weren't graduating or weren't allowed to walk.
So I guess you were close enough in retrospect.

Clark said...

Thanks...it was a good guess. You guys walk slow...

`C

Bekka said...

They were very inconclusive about that. One day it was eight steps, then it was four. Then everyone went to the third base side so it was two and then first base side was too fast so it was eight again. gahh..

Anyways,
Do you prefer AMD or Intel?

Clark said...

Intel all the way.

`C