Sunday, October 01, 2006

Dodgers Clinch the Playoffs

After sweeping both the Rockies and Giants, the Dodgers won the NL Wildcard. Looney looked pretty awesome on Thursday with 2 home runs (including a grand slam) and tying a franchise record 9 RBIs. Looney will be around for a while...the last game I went to I got him to sign a ball (my pic at lower right). Pretty cool stuff. Playoffs start Wednesday with the Dodgers at the Mets.

My weekly highlights include the Dodgers (of course), getting to play my Eb in the march, having an IV of Dextrose explode on me, finishing the field show, and Jon dropping his new Bluetooth headset in the toilet. Other than that, school is...well, school. And life is...life. I'm just continuing to trudge forward as usual.

Why they would put a rap questions on Jeopardy beats me. Maybe its just so we can laugh at Alex Trebeck trying to rap. Pretty funny/disturbing.

Leo Laporte (2006 Podcater of the Year) is making a move to change the name of Podcasting of the more accurate Netcasting. Since current Podcasting has really nothing to do with iPods, I think that's a good idea. Hopefully it works out.

Is the one and only time-waster Windows Solitaire rigged? Even though I've beaten it a lot (just try Alt+Shift+2), it's still an interesting idea that could be the child of bored Microsoft programmers. The video may be rigged, but still interesting.

Finally, this is one of the best political ad I've ever seen. And it's accurate, too. Pretty funny.

That's it for now...I have to go test out a toilet-washed headset.

No comments: