Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Happy 6th

Happy 6th of July. What's so great about July 6th? A lot:
-Congress named the "dollar" on this day in 1785.
-Louis Pasteur performed the first rabies inoculation in 1885.
-Horlick's sold the first malted in 1886.
-The Federal Air Pollution Control Act began research into smog on this day in 1955.
-John Lennon and Paul McCartney met for the first time in 1957.

You can tell I'm very bored right now.

I haven't seen Spiderman 2 yet, but I hear from it's a great movie. I also understand it has some pretty narly mistakes.

Microsoft FINALLY posted a patch for the IE flaw that caused such a ruckus last week. But it's more of a workaround than a fix. The patch prevents ActiveX controls from modifying OS configuration files. Wonderful.
Billy claims he is still working on a more comprehensive fix, which will hopefully be out before Longhorn is.

And get this: Windows 98 and Me users have to pay for their fix or do it by hand. Umm, Isn't it Microsoft's fault that 98 and ME are so bad? So, shouldn't they fix their own problem? I guess not in Microsoft Land.

My advice to Windows users: just don't use Internet Explorer. Try Mozilla Firefox, it's more secure, has a pop-up blocker, and best of all it's free...you can't go wrong.

Today's random thought: If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do all the rest have to drown too?

Welp (sorry Casey...I'll pay you later), back to my "No Smoking billboard". Joy.

No comments: